Sunday, April 7, 2013

sewing Sunday, works in progess

Happy sewing everyone, sorry I did not post last week, but it has been a busy couple of weeks at work and with life! not much time for sewing, been much too tired to do anything after work, as the saying goes,, all done in but my boot laces,
I have managed to spray baste three of the quilt tops that I have on the go, two Asian print ones are for market sales and the one with the kittens is just for me, so the Asian two have to be done first, paid sewing and sewing that is for sale has to come first, some days  I wish that it wasn't this way but bills need to get paid , and well I am great full for the work of paid sewing, it does take some of the fun out of sewing some time.
The first Asian quilt I am doing straight stitching lines starting with stitching in the ditch and then every half and inch , I want the pretty fabric to be the star of this quilt not the stitches. I have not decided how I am going to quilt the second Asian quilt, might just be a stipple or a swirl but it will be free motion for sure,
 
Sorry for the poor pic, but my good camera is not working so I had to use my phone, you can just see the corner of the kitten quilt and the second Asian quilt is on top, the quilt in momma janome is the one that I am straight stitching right now,
well I am going to say happy sewing to all and get back to sewing, It is going to be another busy week at work and I don't know how much I will get done though the week, till next Sunday ,have a good week,

No comments: