Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR JAN 1 2013!!!!!!!!!!!

guess what ??? I sewed today and finished a top!!!
Yes it is true,,I made the Renfrew top view C and I have to say I love the way this turned out (sorry about the poor pic,messy sewing room) Im just so excited I could not wait to share
here are some of my thoughts in a mini review
The perfect basic tee! The Renfrew Top is a fitted knit top with sleeve and neckline variations. View A has long sleeves and a scoop neckline. View B has short sleeves and a deep V neckline. View C has a dramatic cowl neckline and three-quarter length sleeves. Mix and match any of the sleeves with any of the neckline options for unlimited possibilities!
Pattern Sizing:
0 to 16, I used a size 2 , this pattern sizing is made for a pear shape but it is easy to adjust to any body type
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
yes very much so,, I made view c
Were the instructions easy to follow?The instuctions are well written and easy to use, I have the earlier version which has a error in the step making the cowl neck, there is a copy of the right instuctions on the sewaholic blog. I for once followed how the instuctions were written, no problems, on the next version I will be using my own thought, just easier for me

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
After sewing all the reviews here I just had to get the patttern, It has sat waiting for months to get used and today was the day!
Fabric Used:
Cotton jesery form my stash, this year is going to all stash sewing, I got this fabric form fabricland
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
none, traced a size 2 and sewed,
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
oh yes will be making more, next time I will be making view B with A sleeves, so yes I would recommed it to others
Conclusion: a wounderfull pattern ,easy and fast, with lots of options to make it your own
Jan 1st and I have made one garment already all from stash fabric and pattern , great start to 2013!
happy sewing to all

No comments: