Sunday, May 26, 2013

Granny Square Update

Hi everyone, sorry I have not been blogging,, life had been a bit to much, too much to do and not enough time to get it done!  But I have been sewing, not as much as I had hoped to,, working full time and with my new job title come more work and at the end of the day I have just been too tried to even think of going in the sewing room ,but it is getting better as I get used to the job, it is more brain work than physical work and that had been a bit of a adjustment for me ,, all good though........enough about me and more about granny quilt
Granny is not even done yet but it has a new home all ready , It is going to a lady at work who had a house fire and is starting over, so I really need to get a move on
The top is done and batting and backing are basted  and I have start to free motion quilt the squares , using a random stipple ,, on the sashes I am going to just stitch 1/4 in on either side  and stipple the borders here are some pics of what I have done so far
close up of stippling
smidge checking out my work

top batting and backing all ready to   go

Happy sewing  to all !

No comments: