Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hexies!

Hi Everyone,  I hope you all are having a good summer so far,, It has been hot muggy and raining here,, people around here have been known to say, if you don't like the weather , wait five minutes and it will change,,LOL..
As for sewing more clothes for me that is on hold due to matenance  being done on my apt, so my sewing room is not very functional right now,, hopefully it will be done soon.. But I have been thinking of something that I can do in the meantime,, Hexagons,, never done them but I think I should at least try them once,, I am not a hand sewer and not very good but I am willing to give it a go.. went on line and did some reading, watched a few youtube video's.. and here I am
I use the pink cutter for paper only and it has help with cutting out the hexagons, you can also see the fabrics on the top right that I have chosen for the test learning process
I did go to a quilting shop that sells accuquilt dies but the did not have a hexagon one in stock, so I bought a hexagon ruler, for cutting out the fabric,, If I find that I like doing these I will go and order the die,,
While I was there I spotted some really nice fabric,, and I could not help myself,,
It is called fusion by Robert kaufman.. I thought that it would be way too much money for my budget, (50-80 dollars) but it was not,, it was only 17 dollars ,, love the this,, well on to cutting out more paper templates and then may some of the test fabric into hexies (theRK is too nice to ruin if I'm no good at this) 
Happy sewing to all
 
 

No comments: