Sunday, March 23, 2014

A great weekend of sewing for me!

hi everyone, as the name for this post says it all, I have had a very productive weekend, I am happy to say that 3d hexi cubed is now a quilt sandwich , as of Friday night I had two blocks still to complete and did them on Saturday, then started to put them all  together ,, It was the first time that I have sewn Y seams and I was a little worried that I would not be able to do them, but I did read a few blogs on how to do them and watched a you tube also, and by dinner time tonight I now have the top done and is basted and ready to quilt,! it is not perfect but I am happy with how it has gone so far , you can see that as I worked on each block , my piecing got much better, and the use of spray starch helped a lot too here is a link with some pictures of how it has progressed hexi cubed photos. It is in a slideshow on google plus , I have been having problems uploading pics, and this is the only way I can get some photos  posted here, hope this works,, there are also pics of my hand sewn hexis project it is also ready to be quilted, so I have both to do, 3d cubed is first to do,,
well it is time to get ready for another work week, happy sewing to all

No comments: